Sunday, January 11, 2009

Finally, A Completely Unproductive Weekend

I'm back into a normal work rhythm, and I have to say it kind of sucks. Not the actual work part, just the hours. I get up at 5:30, go to PT, come back home to shower, and usually get back to the motor pool by 8:45. I take lunch sometime between 11:30 and 1:00, come back to work until the end of the day, and then go to the gym. By the time, I get home, it is usually after 7. Granted, I don't have to go to the gym, but I kind of feel like I need to. I'm actually enjoying my job more now because while I might be busier, I also have more responsibility, and more actual, real tasks to do. I just wish I had more time in the day. I usually have about 10 to 15 minutes in the morning before PT to check my email and stuff, and then another 10 to 15 minutes between PT and work. Once I'm off, I eat dinner in front of the computer while catching up with all the blogs I read, some of which post quite extensively. At that point, it's 8, and I usually try to go to sleep between 9 and 9:30, so I really don't have much time to watch DVDs or read at all during the week. I honestly don't understand how people can be married and in the Army.

My uncle wanted me to come to Schweinfurt this weekend to go to a party his colleague was having (there would have been a lot of single men there, he told my mother; everyone I know seems to think I need to meet people), but I just couldn't handle the idea of spending four hours on the road this weekend, especially since I still had to go grocery shopping. Outside of a few bags of skillet meals and some cheese, there was nothing edible in my apartment. Instead, I decided to spend the weekend at home and do nothing. I finally finished watching the fifth season of The L Word, I read two books, finished a third and started a fourth, updated my blog, and just generally relaxed.

Between having family and old family friends in Germany, and just being in Europe, I feel like I should be doing something or going somewhere every weekend. It's not like I'm going to have this opportunity again once I go back to the States. But honestly, sometimes it's nice to stay at home and relax - especially when it's freezing out anyway. Besides, I want to save money (although, now that I've read a few books, I feel like I have an excuse to order more, so I'm still not saving huge amounts). I figure next weekend is a four day, so I'm going somewhere for that, and I'm taking the train because that way I can read on the way - also, don't have to worry about parking or any of that crap. I probably should still consider getting a GPS, though. I figure once I file my taxes, I should be getting some money back, so maybe I'll use my return for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your post about your daily task...started following it when you were still in the basic course..was at Ft Eustis for 3 years in 100th Trans co (been deactivated I believe)We were the ones who helped with the basic course and advanced course...many trips to A.P Hill...was in Germany prior to that in 37Th Trans (deactivated) was in 66th Trans n K-Town initially prior to go to HHD 37Th