Monday, May 29, 2006

Greetings from Worthington

As it turns out, I really need to figure out how to use my wireless internet. The hotel I stayed in last night had a wireless connection but I could not get it to work. My computer would tell me I was connected but it wouldn't actually go online. Fortunately, the hotel had a computer but there was a group of senior citizens monopolizing it so I had to wait till this morning to get on.

I made it to Worthington, Minnesota on my first day. My parents keep telling me to take my time and sight-see but what's there to see in Iowa? Or the southern part of Minnesota for that matter? I'll be driving through South Dakota today but I don't know if I'll stop anywhere. I know Mount Rushmore is in the state but I don't really want to get too far off the road to see a big rock. I mean that's basically what it is. Of course, when it comes to tourism, I've always been more interested in old buildings than nature (not that I don't appreciate a nice view but I'm not going to drive out of my way just to see it). As for museums, I am bit hesitant to go into any of those because I wasn't that impressed with the Lincoln Museum - I like art and sculptures, not wax figures and poster boards.

No comments: