Friday, September 14, 2007

Just Another Day

As you may have noticed, my blog has been hijacked by spam. Whenever I end up on a computer that actually lets me log into blogger, I usually spend most of my time deleting the entries rather than updating. For some reason, only half the computers at the MWR let me get in the blog; the others say something about cookies being disabled. I also can only sign into amazon from one or two computers, so as long as I don't want to order anything or update my wishlist, it works but as soon as I get to the sign on page, the internet page shuts itself down. I'm going to try disabling the ability to email myself entries and see if that will cut down on the advertisements for weight loss and stronger libidos even though that will limit my options for updating.

We had our first OPD (officer professional development), and the topic was OPSEC, so naturally blogging came up. I guess my blog will now be reviewed quarterly to make sure I'm complying with all the rules and not giving away vital information. Of course, I think I already learned my lesson about that.

I finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife a few days ago. I'd seen in the bookstores but never really been interested until I saw it on a list of recommended books on Pajiba. I actually liked it even though at first, I had some misgivings. It was well-written and interesting from the beginning, don't get me wrong, but the idea that the woman had met her future husband when she was six and he was forty bugged me, especially since he repeatedly visited her in the past and taught her things. It seemed too much like he was shaping her to fit into his idea of the perfect woman and who she should be. I still liked the novel, though, but it got slow towards the end. I think this might just reflect on me, though: I still tend to prefer the protagonists when they are younger and starting their lives rather than once they have established families, grown older and so forth. It's just a matter of what I can relate to more at the moment.

No comments: