Friday, May 15, 2009

3 Years

They finally released the sequence numbers for June and I'm on it! Along with about two thousand other people, but still, I'm excited. I thought I was going to have to wait until July. In about sixteen days or so, I am going to make captain. Along with that, I also hit my three year service date on 30 May, so I'm getting two pay raises within three days of each other.

For non-military folk, in February they released the list of people making captain this year, and each of them was assigned a number. In the middle of each month after that, the Army then releases the sequence numbers for those getting promoted on the first of the following month. It's mainly based on date of commissioning and that kind of stuff, so most of us get promoted in the same month, right around when we hit our three year mark.

Actually speaking of which, I commissioned exactly three years ago today. I can't believe I've been out of college for that long already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.