Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year - Things to Come

By the end of the week, I should be back in the States and on leave for two weeks before returning to Iraq to conduct change of command inventories (basically, look at millions of dollars of equipment to make sure it is there before I sign a piece of paper thus making myself liable) and take command of a company. What does this mean to you? Well, it means two weeks of me sitting at places like Panera, Starbucks and Barnes & Noble, eating delicious soups and sandwiches, drinking coffee, buying books, and that's right, being online writing posts to look super-important at all those places . . . Some time within the next three weeks, there will be increased productivity at this site, the obligatory end of the year wrap-ups (I didn't completely stop reading, just almost), new reviews for Cannonball Read III which started today, and maybe some discussion of my upcoming trip to Austin. Does Orbitz no longer use American Airlines by the way? The site does not come up with any flights out of my hometown anymore.
After those three weeks, unfortunately, my updating regularity will probably return to current levels but maybe I will find more personal time as company commander - highly doubtful but I will have my own office so I might feel comfortable sneaking a chapter of a book in every once in a while since I won't be quite as worried about someone walking in and saying something.

1 comment:

denesteak said...

Welcome back to stateside and Happy New Year!