Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday Top Ten

The Broke and Bookish hosts a weekly meme called the Tuesday Top Ten.  I always like looking at the topics and have wanted to write about one or two of them but I usually end up being horrible at making lists, especially if I can't refer to my shelves right then and there.  This week's topic, though almost sounds tailor-made for me! 
 
Ten Books I Had to Buy and Still Haven't Read (The ones that are especially depressing are the books I had to have so badly I bought them in hardcover and I still haven't actually gotten around to them - I went ahead and bolded any that fit that criteria)
 
1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - seemed like everyone was raving about this one
2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - I read the rest of the trilogy, ordered this one when it came out and still haven't got around to it
3. The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Euginedes - loved Middlesex, got this as soon as it was released, couldn't get into the first chapter
4. Mary Boleyn by Alison Weir - she is one of my favorite non fiction authors and I had just finished The Lady in the Tower so obviously I needed to read about Anne's sister . . .
5. The Violinist's Thumb by Sam Kean - I have had this one less than four months and it's one my night stand so I feel like I'm going to get around to it any day
6. Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff
7. The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
8. Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
9. The Memory of Love by Aminatta Forna
10. The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England by Ian Mortimer

No comments: