Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Tuesday Top Ten

This week's topic over at The Broke and Bookish is Top Ten Books Read Before Becoming a (Book) Blogger which is actually more difficult than I would have expected.  I've been blogging for almost seven years now, and while my blog didn't start out as a book blog, it slowly morphed.  As a result, there are a few titles where I'm not even sure if  I wrote an entry on them or not.  For example, I wasn't really writing about books when I read The Time Traveler's Wife but I definitely wrote about it.  That may have actually been the beginning of my transition.

1. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
2. Beloved by Toni Morrison
3. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
4. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
5. Summer by Edith Wharton
6. Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg
7. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. East of Eden by John Steinbeck
9. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmerman Bradley
10. The Stand by Stephen King

I didn't include Game of Thrones because I reread and blogged about it.

No comments: