Saturday, January 04, 2014

2014 British History Reading Challenge Sign Up

 photo 5eb7dc6d-3019-4e41-b764-241ed9e40e5e.jpg

I thought I was done with challenges for the year but this one is perfect for me, especially considering that I ended 2013 reading two books related to British history, one fiction and one non-fiction.  There aren't any levels, just a requirement to read a minimum of three which I definitely should have no problems doing.  As far as the fiction, I am going to only use one's that specifically focus on past events rather than simply being set in the past (for example, Bellman and Black which I just read is set in Victorian England but it didn't really focus on any specific historical events so I don't think that is quite what was in mind for this).

1. The Eye in the Door by Pat Barker
 
Anyway, here are a few books I hope to get around to this year:

The Plantagenets by Dan Jones
Mary Boleyn by Alison Weir
Mistress of the Monarchy by Alison Weir
Rob Roy by Sir Walter Scott
 

The Time Traveler's Guide to Elizabethan England by Ian Mortimer
More novels by Sharon Kay Penman
Various World War I related books due to the anniversary


2 comments:

Annette said...

Welcome! So glad you signed up to join.
I too have the book The Plantagenets not sure when I will read it, but it will be this year!

Joy Weese Moll (@joyweesemoll) said...

Great list. I'm really looking forward to this challenge!