Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge Sign Up

Last year, I read over 40 historical fiction novels which put me in the Ancient History level.  I'm not sure if I'm going to be reading quite that much historical fiction since I also have quite a few WWI and WWII related non-fiction in my queue.  As a result, I'm going to stick with Medieval - 15 books, and see where I go from there.  The rules are pretty simple and self explanatory.

1. Bellman and Black by Diane Setterfield
2. In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner
3. The Rhythm of Memory by Alyson Richman
4. The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
5. The Soldier's Song by Alan Monaghan
6. No One is Here Except All of Us by Ramona Ausubel
7. The House Girl by Tara Conklin
8. The Golden Hour by Margaret Wurtele
9. Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin
10. In Falling Snow by Mary-Rose MacColl
11.  Cut to the Quick by Kate Ross
12. Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan
13. The Disappeared by Kim Echlin
14. Lady of Ashes by Christine Trent
15. The Eye in the Door by Pat Barker
16. South of Broad by Pat Conroy
17. The Light in the Ruins by Chris Bohjalian
18. Serena by Ron Rash
19. Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
20. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
21. The King of the Castle by Victoria Holt
22. The Truth of All Things by Kieran Shields

No comments: