Thursday, April 24, 2008

ARRGH!

So I've been reading The Blog Of War off and on for the last week or so, and it's pissing me off. Let's just say if I ever finish it and actually have the energy to articulate everything that book is making me feel, it could make for a long rant. Of course, that requires me not throwing it across the room/ out the window first.

I mean, I knew it was going to be slightly on the conservative side when I ordered it but I still wanted to see what others engaged in the war were saying, and I'm just completely irritated with what Burden chose as a representation of the war. I certainly don't see myself or my experience anywhere in this damn thing. And I'm trying to consider that the book was published in 2006 and two or more years can make quite a difference, but it's still aggravating.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. This will be continued some time in the near future.

No comments: