Monday, May 26, 2008

I Think The Joke's On Us

While I was driving around town, I heard a song come onto the radio a while back. Given the beat and the lyrics, I honestly thought it was from a movie - namely, a comedy about pop stars or something, and the fake hit song that landed the group/artist on the charts (I picture Ben Stiller in a Zoolander type role). It sounded just a bit stupider than most pop songs, so I figured it wasn't actually real.

Well, I heard it again today, this time with the DJ introducing it, and it's a real song. "Shake It" by Metro Station, or Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus's big brother's band. Seriously, can anyone blame me for thinking lyrics like "don't leave me at the front door" are part of a joke?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, my name is Pat DeMoss, and while perusing google for info about TBOLC, I came across your blog posts about the school and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about it. I'm heading to the school in July and don't really know what to expect (especially since I'm a civilian). I was hoping you could give me some advice and stuff. Also, were you a gender studies major? I noticed a few books about feminism and such on your list. Gender theory is so fascinating.
Anyway,
pat
pdemoss@indiana.edu
patjdemoss@gmail.com