Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Meme of 5

Via Peter's Cross Station.

What were you doing five years ago?
Let's see, May 2003: I was finishing up my freshmen year of college and taking my first summer course (Women in Film and Television). Part of that involved moving out of the dorm and back in with the parents. I was also using that summer to get some distance from an incredibly confusing and dysfunctional relationship although we quickly fell into our same routine once the summer was over. I wasn't working. Yeah, really not much going on five years ago.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1. Personal Training session
2. Movies (Forgetting Sarah Marshall)
3. Dinner with parents and their friends
4. Update blog
5. Meet old high school/college friend for coffee
(I'm on vacation!)

What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Cheese (feta, muenster, whatever happens to be in the fridge)
2. kettle chips (although, I tend to eat them with sandwiches and thus as a meal rather than as a snack)
3. ice cream (soft serve)
4. popcorn
5. Salzstangen (it's German pretzel sticks but better)

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Have a huge personal library in my house (as well as a nice music and DVD collection).
2. Have a private movie theater in my home (how hard would it be to get copies of films at the same time as the theaters?)
3. Own an apartment in London, New York City and other places in addition to a nice house somewhere (with the movie theater), and, of course, travel all over
4. Donate to charities
5. Make sure my parents had a spot in the nicest retirement home available (just kidding). But yeah, buy them a house and all that stuff.

What are five of your bad habits?
1. Impatient/ Easily Annoyed
2. I procrastinate a lot
3. I hate to clean, cook etc. and my room/apartment tends to clutter up.
4. Very unhealthy eating habits (snacking, indulging too much)
5. I can be judgmental, and it can be hard to change my mind.

What are five places where you have lived?
1. Kentucky
2. Illinois
3. Germany
4. Washington State
5. Iraq (? - Does a fifteen month deployment count as living somewhere?)

What are five jobs you've had?
1. County Market cashier and book keeper
2. Inside Scoop sales clerk (mall candy store)
3. Cadre member at Warrior Forge
4. Platoon Leader
5. Well, I guess I dabbled at babysitting once or twice. Didn't go so well.

Okay, so I can't actually tag anyone but if anyone wants to play, just post a link in the comments. Random thought - if this is a meme of 5, why are there more than five questions?

No comments: