Sunday, September 17, 2006

BOLC strikes again

And here I thought I was done.  This morning I looked at the schedule for the week expecting to see things like cleaning and outprocessing but what do I see instead?  A nice three hour block of time to complete an obstacle course.  A few people are considering sick call since we are allowed to miss up to 72 hours of training but I'm pretty sure they'd be back in time for the course.  It's not that big of a deal, but it's just another pointless training event no one wants to do, not to mention the fact that they are worried about the possibility of getting hurt now that it's nearly over.

I had a nice, relaxing weekend though.  First off, there was running water, so a definite improvement over last week (which the most annoying part about that wasn't the lack of showers or flushing toilets, but the fact that they didn't even set up hand-washing stations anywhere, not even before chow).  I watched two movies yesterday while in Oklahoma City (they actually show movies other than Talladega Nights up there), and went to Barnes and Nobles.  Today I spent most of the day reading in big, cushioned chairs at Starbucks and Atlanta Bread Company.  It's so nice having my car back, although the traffic definitely bothered me on my back from OKC last night.  It's actually kind of weird that interstate traffic makes me so nervous at the moment considering that my accident was a one car mishap and had nothing to do with anyone else.

Anyway, while the obstacle course is going to suck, I am missing out on the combatives PT tomorrow since I'm part of the cleaning crew for the FOB.  Whoever would have thought I'd be excited about cleaning.  I wonder when we are finally going to have our sensing session with the general.  I can't wait to have an opportunity to voice my complaints and concerns to higher (although I'm sure a few people will beat me to the punch on quite a few issues).

No comments: