Sunday, September 10, 2006

Farewell Garrison

Since the insurance company cut me off, I dropped off the rental in Oklahoma City yesterday.  Due to the lack of actual transportation, I didn't get to visit any art museums, but I finally got to spend some time in a Panera's and also bought the first season of Veronica Mars on DVD.  I started watching it last night around 7, finished it a few minutes ago and promptly ordered the second season from Amazon - it should get to my parent's house just in time for me to pick it up on my way to Virginia.  Obviously, I didn't get as much sleep or rest before FOB week as planned but at least I got my laundry done.  Now I just have to go finish up packing.  They took us to the FOB during convoy operations but we never actually stepped foot into the buildings so I have no clue what the set-up is like and which luxuries would just not be worth bringing.  I guess I'll be making a lot of phone calls for entertainment since I won't even be able to do the email thing (although maybe they'll pleasantly surprise me with a computer lab - I hear there's wireless at Benning's FOB).  It's only five more days.  Of course, the 1SG wants us to do an end of cycle class project to fill up all our downtime during outprocessing week so I'm sure even that week will annoy me.

Anyway, I'll be back in a week.  Hopefully I don't screw up too much (or take any heads off - I'm really not a people person, especially when I'm tired).  Speaking of which, I haven't even mentioned the showers here.  There's a woman here that likes to sing (belt it out) in the shower - Friday night I felt like I was listening to Disney's Greatest Hits.  It was so sweet and wholesome that I was tempted to start singing "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails.  Yes, I'm a bad person.

No comments: