Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back Home


My plane got into Frankfurt-Hahn last night around midnight, so between getting my luggage and a four hour drive, I didn't get home until about 4:30. I couldn't even really take advantage of driving on the autobahn alone at night since large stretches were under construction, and therefore had rather restricted speed limits, and there were a few patches of fog. And then, of course, I wanted to unpack some to make sure that all my souvenirs had survived the trip (unpack and actually put clothes up - you must be kidding - even today, I only got through getting the dirty clothes washed, and the rest are in a pile in my room; although they are out of the bag - that's actually progress for me).


I had to run a few errands today, but didn't get quite as much accomplished as I wanted due to tiredness/distraction. The only thing that saved me really is the fact that day light savings ended in Germany this morning/last night (I didn't even realize it until I noticed that my computer was "off") so I gained an hour there that I didn't expect. Which basically just means I'm going to bed early. Hopefully, I'll get around to making a few blog entries here in the next few days - I have to leave next Sunday for a work related trip so I still have to get all my stuff together for that, put away quite a bit of laundry (it's all clean) and might be working late to catch up for last week and get ahead for next. I still want to blog about Venice, and also have a few books I still need to write about before Cannonball II officially kicks off on 1 November. I'd wanted to get some of the posts written today but that didn't happen so this entry really is just to make me feel like I did something even if it wasn't everything I'd wanted to.

No comments: