Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

"So, you ever think about not celebrating a birthday? Just to try it, I mean?" - Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Older and Far Away"

It's my 25th birthday today. It's the first time in three years that I haven't been deployed or in the field for my birthday. Unfortunately, almost all my friends are one of those two, or in the States. This weekend, my friend and I are having a barbeque for our birthdays (hers is next week), but it should be a rather tame affair. She bought Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii yesterday so that part should be fun. I was tempted to get it as well but I'm just not willing to shell out the $200 right now. Plus, it would probably be more fun if I ever got a router and hooked it up to my internet but that involves work . . .

Two years ago I was making fun of someone turning 25, telling him he was now a quarter of a century old. I got to hear that line today.


Picture of a cake at a 200 hundred year old Viennese bakery

No comments: