Saturday, November 01, 2008

I'm Back

So yes, I'm back. Finally, after an almost three month lull. It's not that I got busy, I just didn't have much to say - also, I kind of decided to end the deployment with a Buffy-thon, so rather than reading, I watched seven seasons of Buffy and five of Angel. I'm really looking forward to Whedon's new show, Dollhouse.

I'm also back in Germany. We arrived back home about two and a half weeks ago, and I finally got my internet up and running Thursday. Let's just say, that was a pain in the ass. I've spent the last few days catching up on two weeks worth of blog entries on Google Reader (and finally downloaded Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog), and now that my still left to read list is down to the more manageable 100 rather than 1000+, I figured I had time to start focusing on my blog again.

After fifteen months in theater, my unit had no deaths or injuries - unless you count the basketball court and other sports-related issues. Through just basketball, one guy got stitches by his eye and messed up his thumb, another bent his finger in an odd way, and Pivo broke his wrist/hand, which he then followed up with a rolled/sprained ankle while playing kickball (after all those accidents, he was greeted by a sign with the words "handicaptain accessible" on his office door - the guy who burned himself with radiator fluid actually had a sticker put on his chair that said flame retardant). That's just the basketball injuries I can remember off the top of my head, not to mention scratches, bruises, soreness and limping ("he stepped on me").

Now that I'm back in Germany, my posting topics will probably be a lot more random, and not quite as book-focused. I've also decided to attempt to participate in National Blog Posting Month, which means I will be posting once a day for the month. Be forewarned, if I can't think of anything to say, I will consider a picture from my Paris trip a post. Actually, I might do that anyway - have a picture of the day drawing from my pool of London and Paris pictures (my two big pre- and postdeployment trips). That way, when people ask me to send pictures, I can just tell them to look online.

No comments: